We are a growing hearing healthcare practice in Pittsburgh, PA and currently seek a Hearing Instrument Specialist or Audiologist who is driven, self-motivated, and passionate about helping patients hear well again. The ideal candidate must be licensed in PA.
Part-time (1-2 days/week, Saturday required)
Daily tasks and responsibilities
- Establish rapport with, and gather history from, patients; conduct audiometric testing; counsel patients; and make recommendations for hearing aids.
- Make ear impressions, ear molds, and order instruments.
- Program hearing aids using a computer.
- Fit hearing aids and assist with any adjustments, questions or problems.
- Maintain documentation and patient files.
- Active and current hearing aid dispensing license.
The successful HIS will also possess the following:
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- The ability to work in a team environment
- The ability to interact professionally at all times with patients, physicians, and team members.